“Fewer people are won over by the written word than by the spoken word and every great movement on this earth owes its growth to great speakers”
A Model UN conference stands for diplomacy and deliberation. The participants assume roles of UN representatives as well as the members of various other international bodies to gain insights into the working of the United Nations while fostering a deep understanding of the dynamics of international relations.
The Model UN organized by Delphique, MDI Gurgaon aims to remain true to the fabric of the United Nations by creating a forum for dialogue on issues that threaten world peace and security. It will act as a platform to shun the silence that stifles people of liberty, and in the process making the delegates learn the art of striking the correct balance between national interests and the requirements of the international community. It will enable the delegates to look beyond their own borders and understand the limitation to negotiations.
This Model UN conference will be an exciting opportunity for participants to deliberate over issues that leaders around the globe are confronted by and in response draft resolutions.
- Attractive cash prize worth more than INR 75,000, goodies, vouchers, coupons etc
- Opportunity to interact collaborate and debate with the brightest minds of top B Schools
- Enhance public speaking and debating skills by lobbying and resolving global issues
- Interact and learn from eminent and experienced MUN Executive Board members
- Get chance to interact with industry leaders, think tanks and academicians in Delphique
- Participants must be current Undergraduate students or Post Graduate students of any stream.
- Participants who have not completed their first year of UG will not be accepted in the event
- The registration will be open through d2c website and subsequent shortlisting will be mailed
- There is no pre-requisite in terms of educational level or stream for this competition
- The organising committee’s decision stands final on allocation of delegates
- After getting the final shortlist confirmation by mail, participants must pay INR 300 through the payment link sent in the respective mail. Failing to provide the payment translates to removal of candidature from the list of participants.
- Delegates can provide their committee preference in MUN, the organising team will try its best to allocate your preferred committee.
- Stable internet connection with proper video and audio conditions is crucial. Every delegate has to ensure this from their side.
- Delegates will be judged based on their debating, collaborating and overall communication skills displayed during the entire event.
- The online conference for this year we will simulate four diverse committees to foster meaningful deliberations.
Disarmament and International Security (DISEC)
Addressed as the First Committee of the General Assembly. It deals with disarmament, global challenges and threats to peace that affect the international community and seeks out solutions to the challenges in the international security regime.
Agenda- Addressing the issue of biological issues and biological warfare
United Nations Economics and Social Council (ECOSOC)
The Economic and Social Council is at the heart of the United Nations system to advance the three dimensions of sustainable development – economic, social and environmental. It is the central platform for fostering debate and innovative thinking, forging consensus on ways forward, and coordinating efforts to achieve internationally agreed goals. It is also responsible for the follow-up to major UN conferences and summits.
Agenda- The Socio-Economic Effects of Global Pandemics
United nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
It is an intergovernmental body within the United Nations system responsible for strengthening the promotion and protection of human rights around the globe and for addressing situations of human rights violations and making recommendations on them.
Agenda- The right to privacy in the digital age
World Stakeholders meet
It is an Unconventional committee which is expected to be a dynamic, real time, constant crisis committee that is sure to give the delegates an action-packed debate and test their spontaneity, diplomacy and crisis handling qualities.
Agenda- International Action and Cooperation on Refugees and migrants and issues related to Displacement: The way ahead